Yavoch! (Elegant Version)
Welcome to War College- Year 2319
Do you have a master’s degree in strategic studies? No? Ready to earn one? Prepare yourself for the 3 dimensional intergalactic battlefield of Yavoch! Play out war games of ever-increasing complexity over 5 levels of laser-cut acrylic. Yavoch uses all the familiar moves of chess pieces, but in a game ruled by dice, cards, and secret weapons such as anti-matter torpedoes, hyper-drive & deflector fields!
- Includes 130+ pieces
- Game tower measures 18” x12” x 24”
YAVOCH (pronounced ya-VOK) is the battle cry heard throughout the futuristic back story featured in the 65 page manual. (Secret: it’s also a humble acronym -- Yet Another Variation Of Chess). A modern art sculpture you can proudly display in any home, YAVOCH is a futuristic space battle instead of archaic medieval battle. There is only one way to play chess, but there are six different Yavoch games plus optional elements and two bonus games. Here’s how else YAVOCH differs from Chess:
- 3 dimensions on the board (50% more than flat board games)
- 125 positions (almost double what you get in chess)
- 24 pieces instead of 16
- More powerful pawns can destroy multiple enemy ships at once
- Particle Beam Cannon and optional teleportals and secret weapons!