The Living Chess Game: Fine Arts Activities for Kids 9-14
This book provides comprehensive information and guidance for successfully staging a theatrical living chess game for children ages 9–14. It also prepares student to succeed in University Interscholastic League (UIL) Chess Puzzle.
• Includes nearly 60 chess diagrams, illustrations of musical notation, publicity materials, and useful forms for visual art and theatrical evaluation
• Instructs readers on writing scripts for famous chess games such as the Immortal Game, the Evergreen Game, and the Opera Game
• Helps educators and librarians prepare students to succeed in University Interscholastic League (UIL) Chess Puzzle
• Provides the national content standard, objectives, resources and materials, procedure, and assessment in all 12 music, dance, visual art, and theater activities
• An annotated bibliography identifies additional source materials
• A glossary defines 69 chess terms